Agricultural Hazardous Materials Training Course

Kings County Farm Bureau holds an annual safety course for farmers and farm employees who need to pass a test to legally transport hazardous materials on public roadways without a commercial driver's license (class C vehicles).

This course is for employees that are required to attend a class compliant with CFR 49 part 172.704, be tested and complete the required forms. Attendees will also have to submit their own application with a certificate of training to the California Highway Patrol, who will then issue the HAM certificate. Training is required within 90 days of hire and every three years recurring. Once the certificate is obtained from the CHP, it must be submitted, along with a medical certificate, to the CA DMV with applicable fees.  

Classes are offered in English and Spanish. Attendees completing the class and passing the test will receive a special training verification document. Those possessing this verification are exempted from the hazardous materials provisions of the California Commercial Driver's License program.

Please contact the KCFB office at (559) 584-3557 for the date of this year’s seminar and additional information.